Saturday, May 17, 2008

Graduation Day for Kailey!








My oldest granddaughter is graduating from high school on Monday night, May 18. It seems just yesterday that I took her daddy to kindergarten and left him for the first day of school. I might as well have been sending him off to VietNam (it was during the VietNam war when he started school) for all the tears that I cried. I had always been there to kiss his boo-boos and dry away all of his tears--now, a stranger would do it.

Her name is Kailey and we will go to church with them tomorrow, eat a noon meal at their church and then go to baccalaureate.

Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset,
Quickly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears.

Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play,
I don't remember growing older,
When did they?

When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday when they were small?

Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly flow the days,
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossoming even as we gaze.

Kailey has been a true asset to our family and has made us so grateful to God for His love and mercy and grace. Her love for God and His work is the deepest joy a grandmother could have.

To all of my children, grandchildren, husband, brother and his family, sister and her family, brother-in-law and his family, I pray for all of you every night and every morning and call each one of you by name. You are all precious to me. My most frequent and sincere prayer is that God would draw each one of us closer to Him. Oh, to know Him and to love Him more!

I pray for the precious baby/babies being formed in Mary Kate's womb. She is just a few days pregnant and we already know it! Technology is incredible. Go to michaelandmarykate.blogspot.com to read all about her incredible journey getting pregnant.


(The first picture above is of our son Jeff, his wife, Kim. They are the parents of Kailey and Kendall.)