Thursday, July 17, 2008

VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL!





Due to an overwhelming response from people in the picture above, here goes a somewhat feeble attempt to identify them:
1st Row-unidentified person, Sharon Skates, Patsy Jennings, Delores Kuykendall, Rose Carole Williams, Annette Salyer? (til my dying day I will swear this is Owen Hogue, Larry's mom), Joann Russell, Harriet Holloway, Linda Petross.
2nd Row-Larry Hogue, unidentified person, Edwin Ray?, Lenora Briley, Mary Jane Elledge, Marianne Bailey.
3rd Row-Mrs. Adrian, unidentified person, Lela Fisher, Mary Joyce Paladino, Bob Gullett, unidentified person, Gary Greenwood, unidentified person, Mrs. Merritt, Freddy Wright, unidentified person.
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it. Psalm 22:6
This week is vacation Bible school for Immanuel Baptist Church so when I found this little booklet from the Bible School at Baring Cross Baptist Church in North Little Rock in 1951, I just had to post it. Notice that his savings for bait is larger than his church offering. LOL
Marianne and Carole, see if you recognize anyone from this picture or maybe you guys are in it. Click on it to make it bigger. Oh, my gosh, I think I just see both of you guys. I am guessing that this must be about 4th or 5th grade. I know, I know, Larry seems too tall for that but don't forget that he was taller than his 2nd grade teacher. Now I am really sorry to say that his penchant for saving did not carry over in to married life.
This is a precious version of "Jesus Loves the Little Children of the World." Didn't we all sing that in VBS?!