Thursday, May 21, 2009

CILANTRO CHICKEN SALAD!


Photobucket

The ingredients

Photobucket
Lunch is served!





Cilantro Chicken Salad

1- 13 oz can chicken breast

1 or 2 (or to taste--I like a lot) chopped green onions --you may substitute purple onions but I don't think it is as good

1 stalk of chopped celery

1/4 to 1/3 cup of Hellman's mayo with olive oil

small handful of cilantro (measurement is before chopping and this ingredient is NOT optional)--chop this to your desired consistency--I like it left kinda big--

some people add a tablespoon or so of low sodium soy sauce--I may try some next time but love it without this ingredient--

2 T. or so of slivered almonds

salt and pepper to taste

Mix together and serve on your favorite whole grain bread. We like it in a tortilla wrap. I added hummus, green onions, celery, and strawberries on the side.