Sunday, June 28, 2009

they must be felt with the heart

We atended a concert at our church tonight. Our small group friends, Dustin and Barb sang with a group call ed the STRICKLIN'S. It was a great evening of worship. The group was raising money for a trip to Slovakia this summer.




Referring back to the title of my blog, Everything else thrown in, this is an example of the richness He gives. At the close of the concert, during the last song, we all stood up. It was very informal and we were in the coffee house loft of our theatre at church. We were casually standing around singing. I link my arm through my husband's to finalize the last song with a arm in arm amen. My son walks over to me and offers his arm. I stand linked arm in arm in worship with two of the people I love most in the world. How can one be more rich than that?




When Helen Keller wrote this quote, "The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or touched, they must be felt with the heart," she described exactly my feelings concerning tonight. Thank you Lord for those touches of richness that you add to our lives daily.