Sunday, October 4, 2009

monday memories-the faith envelope

She opened the envelope of faith


faith,wa,watercolor

She found exceeding great hope


hope,watercolor

She opened hope


and found an explosion of love



love,watercolor


She opened love

and found Jesus in all His glory.

A precious young wife and mother contacted me after I wrote a post over a week ago inviting all who were interested to join me in reading the Psalms. Since then she and I have read and prayed together by email daily. When I received this, the following, from her a couple of days ago, the picture she painted in faithful but longing words struck a chord in me as nothing has in a long time. With her gracious permission, I am sharing her email. To ensure her privacy, I have removed names.

__________________________________________________________________

Hi Dianne:
I just wanted to share with you that I thought it was interesting that Psalms 91 and 121 were read together today. You see, in my home these two Psalms have been read together as long as I can remember.

bible,Psalm 91

Since I was little girl, anytime we or anybody in our family were going to travel, my mother always took out her bible, we stood in a circle, held hands and these Psalms were read out loud.

Although my mother is no longer here, I continue the tradition still using her old well worn bible. I find consolation and somehow feel that she is with me when I finger those pages that I know her loving hands touched and her tears fell on.

As a matter of fact, my children, my husband and I read these two Psalms every Monday morning between 3 and 3:30am. You see due to the economy, at the end of this month will be a year that my husband has had to work out of town. He only gets to be home on the weekends. Sometimes only on Sundays.


So every Monday morning we pray these Psalms over him substituting his name for Israel in verse 4, Psalm 121. He leaves at 3:30am so he can travel back to the town where he works (a three hour drive). These Psalms have served well to calm my anxious heart. Dianne, If I may would you join me in prayer that if it be God's will, my husband can find a job close to home again. Thank you. PS: despite the fact that we miss him terribly, I am grateful to the Lord that he has a job.I'm sure there are people that would trade places with him in a heartbeat.



bible,Psalm 121

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This young wife and mother has opened the envelope of faith. Her faith and that of her family stirred in me a longing for my faith to grow ever deeper.

Won't you ask God today for this gift of faith so that you, too, can believe as she has? The Bible tells us that even this is a gift from God.

Ephesians 2:7-8
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — "

And if you make this step of faith, I would be humbled and deeply honored to pray with you also.

What precious memories and an incredible legacy this young lady's mother left her.