Friday, November 13, 2009

a tent for the sun

Photobucket


In the heavens He has pitched a tent for the sun,
which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

Psalm 19:4-6

If you read my post on Wednesday of this week, you know that I have committed to memorize my first CHAPTER ever from the Bible. Albeit, it is a short one--only 14 verses.

I reviewed it several times yesterday, typed out as much as I could without looking, took it to bed with me to read right before I went to sleep so that it would be the last thing on my mind.

This morning when I went to Pioneer Woman's blog and she was sharing this high-res sunrise picture for us to do with as we pleased, I immediately thought of these verses from that chapter.

If I had not been working so hard to memorize that scripture, I would have thought it was a beautiful picture and I might have thought of God BUT I WOULD NOT have thought of a specific verse. More than ever now I am truly seeing and comprehending the benefit of scripture memorization.

I may not succeed at learning the whole chapter but this experience today made it worth every effort I have invested. Thank you, Lord!

Today I am linking to SKYWATCH FRIDAY. Be sure to visit that site for an incredible array of world-wide pictures of this incredible tent our Lord devised.