Saturday, December 12, 2009

Welcome--come on in!

EVERYTHING ELSE THROWN IN

UPDATED: I just added this video today, the 24th--there are lots of things to apologize for. If you read my blog tomorrow, Christmas Day, you will get an earful! Anyway, it is NOT for the faint of heart. smile

Untitled from Elizabeth Dianne on Vimeo.



I am so glad that you dropped by today. I hope you enjoy your visit and if you have time to say hello, I will be sure to drop by your place too. Also, please note the invitation on the sidebar to a McLinky here on Tuesday the 15th. I hope you will drop back by and share a tradition or two or just a little something that has made your family's Christmases more meaningful.

Photobucket

This is our front door. We had a storm door up until a couple of weeks ago and I talked my husband into taking the storm door down and painting the leaded glass door. It was stained before and was very pretty but the leaded glass did not show up. I love how it looks now and even more so with the colored lights. They include red, blue, green, orange, and gold.

Photobucket


Photobucket

This is a canvas I painted a couple of years ago--it is not a Christmas canvas but goes well with the Willow Tree nativity scene, I think.

Photobucket


Photobucket

This angel is about 2.5 feet tall and is one of my favorite things I have. I bought her at Sam's maybe 15 years ago. She looks like she is carved out of wood. She stands watch over a nativity on the entry buffet.


Photobucket

I love this angel also. I got her as seasonal promotional at a local grocery store in Tulsa, OK several years ago. She looks like an ice sculpture and is lighted from the bottom with a bulb and a wheel that changes colors.

Photobucket

This is my centerpiece on my dining room table--real greenery, apples and oranges. I had candles in it until my greenery started drying out.

Photobucket

And this is our tree in the family room. It is 9 feet tall and loaded with lots of old ornaments from years gone by. My two favorites things on it are the snowflakes and the icicles. The crocheted snowflakes were collected over several years in the late 1970's. The icicles are ones I bought in 1965. They are still beautiful to me.

Photobucket

A granddaughter dancing around the tree.

Photobucket

This bookcase has sixteen compartments and is filled with my collection of Christmas books.

Photobucket

This is my husband's stocking that I made in 1965. He has not been "Daddy" in a long time. He went from Daddy to Dad to Boompa.

Photobucket

This is my family. I am on the right end next to my husband. I have three sons, three precious DsIL and seven grandchildren whom I dearly love. And yes, I'm pretty crazy about those three sons and my husband also.

Hope this gives you a small glimpse of our home at Christmas time. My prayer is that this Christmas will be the most meaningful one that you and yours have ever celebrated. Thank you so much for dropping by and I sincerely hope that you will join me on Tuesday, the 15th.

I saw this snowflake on YouTube the other day and wanted to include it for you. I plan to make some soon.

Disclaimer: I do NOT recommend putting them in the oven as she did. LOL





Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

I am also linked to this site:

and to this site
but could not get their graphics to work--so sorry! will continue to try.