Thursday, January 7, 2010

Merry Christmas, Adam

This post is basically one of those little ditties like you would write in a baby book--something cute your child said or did that you want to remember--except that this child is almost 37. I hope I don't embarrass him. To that my husband would say, "And I hope you do."

Anyway, it goes something like this. We never did this tradition when we were raising our three sons but the first Christmas, 1992, after my middle son got married, he called me on Christmas Eve and said, "Christmas Eve gift."

It is kinda like a "holiday tag" game. You see who can get the other one-- by any means you can think of-- by saying, "Christmas Eve gift" first.

I was so proud of myself this year (being that this year is the first year that I have known how to TEXT) because I texted him at 12:06 a.m. Dec. 24 with that message-- I got him really good!

This game is starting (after 17 years) to float out over the rest of our family and I got a good laugh out of it after someone FINALLY EXPLAINED TO ME WHAT WAS GOING ON. Even my DIL who likes to act like she is a true blonde (no offense anyone cause once upon a time I was a true blonde) got it!

I had received a text on Christmas Eve eve (yes, the second "eve" really is supposed to be there) that read, "Merry Christmas Adam." Well, my husband and the rest of my family received it also and we just decided that someone sent the message to the wrong people. My husband and I were really feeling sorry for this Adam person who would not receive his "Merry Christmas" message. Little did we know that our smart-alecky baby son wanted to get in on the game and did I say there is no lack of COMPETITION in our family--so not to be outdone--he makes the game a little more interesting and "FACES" everybody ALMOST by sending "Merry Christmas Adam."

The only thing is it should have read, "Christmas Adam gift."

I know, I know, only a doting mother would think it was that cute!! smile