Tuesday, January 12, 2010

reading the bible through in a year

As some of you may remember, I started reading the Bible through on a 3-year-plan a few months ago. It was a very bad time to start. We were headed into the holidays and of course I fizzled.
Photobucket

However, one of my readers challenged me to read the Bible through with her this year using the NLT chronological Bible. I decided to go for it since I've NEVER read it through. So far I am up-to-date with my readings and the chrono Bible is easier to follow to me and especially in the NLT version.

You are NOT too far behind to start now. Just jump in and either forget the preceding days and read them at the start of next year or go back and make them up every few days or so--no pressure!

I found a version of this Bible online and I read it each day on my laptop. I am including this link for you. Also, please check out this website belonging to Wendy Pope. I think it might also help you get started if this is something you would really like to do.

On the link I have provided for you, you can also override the default settings and set your 1-year rotation to start on any chosen day.

*another of my 2010 longings: to read the Bible through this year



P.S. Thanks to Pioneer Woman for another beautiful high-res picture to share.