Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weekend Worship-I Want to Pass It On

Photobucket
the hand of my precious husband

Everything is white and quiet here. Don't know if we will be able to make it to church tomorrow because of road conditions.

Flipping through my pictures for inspiration for weekend worship, I notice some pictures that I didn't get a chance to post because the Christmas season was so busy and there were just too many things going on.

So, my dear friends, I pass on the warmth of Jesus Christ and the message of hope and love depicted in these pictures of the candlelight worship service we attended with our middle son and family over the holidays.

Photobucket

My husband passing the spark to our granddaughter--

The lyrics to "Pass It On"

It only takes a spark to get a fire going,
And soon all those around
can warm up to its glowing.
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it,
You spread His love to everyone
You want to pass it on.

I wish for you my friend
This happiness that I've found,
You can depend on Him,
It matters not where you are bound.

I'll shout it from the mountaintop,
I want my world to know,
The Lord of Love has come to me,
I want to pass it on.

Photobucket

and the spark goes the entire length of the pew to son and wife and two other granddaughters--

Photobucket

and up each aisle and down each row as we sing the wonder of that "Silent Night,"

Photobucket

and lift the candles high, higher, highest,

Photobucket

to the King of Kings

Photobucket

AND LORD OF LORDS FOREVER!

I want to share this YOUTUBE version of "Pass It On" with you. It is not the most professional clip you will ever see but it is good, sincere, and sweet. I first heard this song in Glorieta, New Mexico at a national youth camp about forty years ago. The meaning and message is timeless.


Pass it on,
Dianne

All photos were changed to watercolor in Adobe Photoshop Elements 6