Monday, February 8, 2010

hitting your target

Photobucket

This past Saturday our granddaugher, Katelyn, placed 2nd in the state archery contest and won a $2000 scholarship for college. She is a sophomore so she is excited about winning more scholarship money before she graduates from high school. Congratulatons, Katelyn, we are so proud of you.

In the process of winning this honor, there was much preparation and training. In the actual competition she had to keep her eye on "the mark" as well as in the weeks and months preceding the state competition.

Today is a new week--a new beginning--a fresh bull's eyes so to speak. What will be your target this week? What will mine be?

For me this week, I am going to place "faith" in the middle of that target. Faith is going to be my goal this week. Trusting Him to take care of every aspect of my life and the lives of those closest to me. After all, the Bible says that "without faith it is impossible to please God."

"It's impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that He exists and that He cares enough to respond to those who seek Him." Hebrews 11 (the Message)


Have a great week. It will be exciting to see how God will help us this week.

Katelyn's coach told me last year of her great potential in archery.

God thinks you have great potential in this Christian walk. So dream more this week and while you're shooting at that target, don't forget to shoot for a few stars also.



P.S. I told you that I would keep you posted on weight loss. I am now at 9.8 lb GONE!