Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Prayer Journal

Photobucket

Ihave never shared this prayer journal with anyone--not even my husband. To me, prayer journals are private, especially a prayer journal written during a fast.

However, I have learned (through Bill Bright's writings) that being too private about sharing can also be a form of pride. So, it is with much fear and trembling and gratefulness to God for his mercy that I share this journal.

(The bold print in above paragraph will link you to the best writings on prayer and fasting that I have ever read.)

The journal is long. I wrote it over a period of about 42 days. I share it hopefully as an encouragement to you in your Christian walk. I realize there are many people who fast forty days at least once a year. I have only fasted forty days one time in my life and a couple of three-day fasts.

So read a little or a lot--all at one time or come back and pick up where you left off when you have a chance--it was a journey I will never regret or forget.

Don't know that I will try a fast any time soon but rereading it made me hungry to know feelings with strongness and clarity once again--the feelings of simplicity, fewer choices, total peace.

I felt better than I've ever felt in my life during this fast. I did consult my doctor who was a Christian and believed in fasting. I also did not have any health issues at the time except for high blood pressure.

If you are considering a long fast, I would hope that you would seek the counsel of a wise doctor and also the counsel of God.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket< Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket< Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see and read on the next page, words were starting to become meaningless--I couldn't put into words what I was experiencing although I tried.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket< Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love,
Dianne
2010-the Year of Longing

Posted in community with:

holy experience