Monday, March 22, 2010

A Little Smoother

Photobucket

Heard this for the first time last night and wanted to share it with you. Relax and enjoy. These are the lyrics and music of Nicole Nordeman--River God.


Rolling river God
Little stones are smooth
Only once the water passes through

So, I am a stone
Rough and grainy still
Trying to reconcile this rivers chill

But when I close my eyes
And feel You rushing by
I know that time brings change
And change takes time
And when the sunset comes
My prayer would be this one
That You might pick me up
And notice that I am
Just a little smoother in Your hand

Sometimes raging wild
Sometimes swollen high
Never have I known this river dry

The deepest part of You
Is where I want to stay
And feel the sharpest edges wash away

Blessings,
Dianne
2010-the Year of Longings



I long to be smoother.

share your heart?