Tuesday, March 9, 2010

in silence

Photobucket

In stillness I mouth Your name, devoid of language to describe spirit-hunger.
You speak my name, soul joy ebbs and flows with tide of Your love.

In silence I unfold cupped palm to You, containing my all, tiny mustard seed;
You stretch forth cupped palms containing waters of all the earth;

In beckoning silence I extend small olive branch;
You reach with hands holding cedars of Lebanon;

>Photobucket

In black hole silence I present small candle needing new flame;
You bring forth starry hosts and call each by name.

In hungering silence I stretch forth hand hoarding small morsel of bread;
Your hands serve two loaves, five fish, and feed thousands.

>Photobucket

In silent gulps of desperation I stretch forth drowning hand;
You promise waters will not overtake me.

Silently I come to you in garments of sin, sorrow and despair,
You, who are clothed in splendor and majesty,
Offer to exchange clothing.

I seek You in silence;
You respond amidst quiet thunderings.

I hear you in the breathless quiet;
My soul exults in reverberations of highest praise,

Highest praise,

Highest praise,

Highest praise!



More on silence: explore faith : Why Be Silent? by The Rev. Margaret Jones

Posted in community with:


holy experience


The photos: These photos are of a picture which so reminds me of my prayer warrior mother, and was given to me by my sister when Mother died.