Sunday, May 23, 2010

Like grass

Photobucket


The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall, 1 Peter 1:24

We know from scripture and from experience that we will fall, we will wither. So I have a question for you. If today was your last day to live on this planet, what would you do with your time?

Would any of your plans for the day change?
I would love for you to leave a comment and tell me how your day might change or how it might stay the same. Or give us some Godly advice as to what we should or could do. This is not a ploy for comments although I know we all love them. I would really love to hear what you have to say about how you would spend your day.




I will fill in my "longing for the day" after I read your comments.


UPDATE:

Thank you to those of you who responded to today's little challenge question. I wasn't trying to be morbid, just trying to get my day prioritized aright. My longing for each day would be that I live it to glorify Christ no matter what it is that I do.

I've not done this but a few times in my life, (confronted myself with that question) but every time I do, I end up getting things done that I have been meaning to do for ages--write that over-due thank you note, send a message of love or gratitude to someone special, and usually don't spend as much time "sweating the small stuff."

Amy and Sandy I loved the time that I spent with you two today. I have missed you both so much. My prioritizing took me back to the art studio where I have painted in the past but where I haven't been in quite a while due to some health issues.

I hope for those of you who participated that it added an element of meaning to your day.

In Acts 17 we find the scripture that says, "In Him we live and move and have our being." That is the way I hope I lived today.