Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Land of Enchantment

Photobucket

Vicki was right--she guessed New Mexico in her comment yesterday.

For several years I have been following the calligraphy and image on canvas of Randall Hasson. I found him online initially after googling "calligraphy on canvas."

Then a friend of mine, Sandy, at the art studio where I paint sometimes, brought an issue of Somerset Studio for me to see. He was featured in that magazine. This had been at least a couple of years ago since Sandy brought the article.

Then about four weeks ago I was at the studio again and Sandy said once more, "Dianne, you really need to study with the guy who does those paintings with calligraphy."

And about three weeks ago I received an email from my calligraphy buddy, Travis, who sent information about a workshop in Santa Fe, NM and said, "Let's do this!"

Initially, I thought, "there is no way." There were just too many details to iron out in such a short period of time. However, God had other plans and "Lo, and behold" we found ourselves driving to New Mexico to attend this workshop--900 miles--well, to be honest, Mapquest said 899 miles!

I will feature Randall's studio tomorrow and his artwork Thursday--it truly is incredible.

There is so much to share, I have just been overwhelmed by even trying to tackle it but I will start with these sunset pictures. I was in downtown Santa Fe at a mission--it was very dusky dark and the pictures of the mission weren't turning out too good but the sunset that night was glorious as most of them are.

The first picture above is looking towards the west, the sunset of course. But as I turned a very sharp left, I noticed the clouds to the northeast and couldn't believe what the sun was doing to them. In the pictures below, notice the moon to the left of the clouds and then finally as it disappears behind them.

I will feature the mission church pictures this weekend.

Oh, and today is my hubby's birthday so I want to wish him a very happy birthday. I was gone eight days and he had "welcome home" flowers waiting for me upon my arrival. Thank you, Honey, and happy, happy birthday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket