Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Evidence That Demands A Verdict!

Photobucket


I'm sorry but I belly-laughed when I saw this little guy. And I have looked at him several times today and it produces a laugh every time. Before I advance any further, I just want to say, this little creature and plenty more like him can be seen over at Anita Johnson's blog. I am providing the link right here. She is an amazing photographer and I can't thank her enough for giving me permission to post this on my blog today.

The reason I laugh is this: If this coneflower were cordoned off as a crime scene for having had pollen removed and this little guy was any where near the vicinity, he would be pronounced guilty, even before his trial. There is plenty of evidence that demands a verdict and I say he is GUILTY of pollinating in the first degree.

Almost the instant I looked at him, this thought came to mind: When you go to the source, you invariably come away with the evidence of it.

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. from Exodus 34:29

Moses--yes, Moses came to mind. Maybe I can get Anita to name this little guy Moses.

What in our life today would convict us red-handed of going to THE source?--a radiant face, a light in our eyes, a hope that passes human understanding, love, joy, peace, patience, self-control, gentleness, kindness, goodness, meekness, wisdom, a joyful heart?

Psalm 19 states the importance of God's Word upon us:


7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.

And when we let God's Spirit control us this will be the evidence:


22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. from Galatians 5 NIV

Dianne
2010-the Year of Longings

I long for there to be enough evidence to prove me guilty of spending time with Him, basking in His presence. I want to look like that little guy in the photo above and I want to spread a little of this evidence everywhere I go.

P.S. Oh, and one last thing, my apologies to Josh McDowell for the post title. My warped sense of humor just couldn't resist it!