Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Revelation

Photobucket

I read a post last year that suggested giving each new year a name. After much prayer and searching the scriptures, I felt like God was leading me to "2010-the Year of Longings." This verse had seemingly jumped off the page and into my heart: All my longings lie open before you, O Lord. from Psalm 38

My longings lie open before Him but do I know them? I wanted this to be a year filled with revelation from God of what my deepest longings are--He sees so far into our spirit and knows things about us that we can't begin to fathom. Most every time I post, I list a longing at the bottom of the post--something that just comes to mind as I am reading and studying and journaling before God. So, needless to say, there are many longings listed since I post quite often. It will be quite the chore to go back and retrieve all of them into one piece of writing. That will be a post for December 31, 2010. I probably should get started on that soon--smile.

I love how God always has little surprises mixed in with His big huge revelations.

In reference to this scripture



Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
he rises to show you compassion.For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

A commenter said: "That picture of the Lord longing to be gracious - a gift for you perhaps in your year of longings - to know the Father longs as well."

This wasn't new knowledge but in the moment that I read it, there was a revelation and it was this: While I spent the first half of the year exploring, through God's Word, what my longings are, maybe I need to spend the last half exploring what His are towards me.

I think I try to do that every day in my Bible study and prayer.........but maybe a true, concerted, energy-filled treasure hunt of His longings for me will be the theme of the second half of this year. Thanks, Mom2Six for a revelation-filled statement.



Dianne
2010-the Year of Longings

He longs to show me the secret things of Himself.


And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness--secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name.
Isaiah 45:3 NLT

(Mom2Six will understand why I used this scripture today. If you follow her link above, you will also.)
Photo taken in Santa Fe, NM-2010