Thursday, August 19, 2010

Around the Corner

Photobucket



Covered bridges are rare in Arkansas and almost nonexistent in central Arkansas, so you can imagine our surprise and utter delight one night last week when we rounded a corner in a country road and saw this.



Photobucket



Have you had any surprises lately? I think we all have times when just the daily walking of this life's journey holds surprises that we would rather not experience. However, in my quest to know God better, to search the treasure of His Word daily, and to seek His presence through prayer and meditation, He continually surprises me with little things about Himself that totally blow me away. I arise each day just wondering what He is up to and how He will make His glory known to me and mine.



This little jaunt out into the country was totally unplanned. One of my sons and his wife just happened to drop by and we had a quick unplanned dinner. Jeff wanted to go for a ride. He disappeared from the kitchen, got in the car, started the motor and waited on us til we got up from the table and joined him. What a treat!



Photobucket



I pray that around at least one corner today, you will find His glory. I love to have my camera with me at all times for capturing these precious moments.



Photobucket





And don't forget, your face is the LCD screen of your soul and reflects His glory.



The commands of the LORD are radiant,

giving light to the eyes.
from Psalm 19 NIV


You may be the only picture someone will see of God today.



The true treasure of His glory lies within us. He has created us for His glory.

Everyone who is called by my name,

whom I created for my glory,

whom I formed and made." Isaiah 43:7 NIV




Dianne



2010-The Year of Longings



He longs for us to recognize His glory.



I long to be cognizant of moments that might slip by if I am not actively focused on Him.



Today I am so thankful for the one great bridge, Jesus Christ, who bridged the gap from my sinfulness to God's holiness. I am joining others over at Thankful Thursdays. Won't you join us? Click here to participate or just to read.



Since this was such a simple pleasure, I am also linking to Dayle over at her place, which you can access right here. Participate or just read the simple but delightful things others are experiencing.



Project Simple Pleasures2