Monday, August 30, 2010

post processing 3--a little tweak

Photobucket

This is really not a bad picture BUT it is just not memorable--

Photobucket

but with a little boost of color, a little sharpening, a few shadows lightened, and a change to sepia, suddenly it does become memorable at least for me AND for my neighbor whose yard I took it in. She couldn't believe this was her tree and frankly I couldn't either.

Photobucket

And here we are again--same tree--a few moments later--nothing special--

Photobucket

and I really only changed it to sepia and boosted the color slightly--and memorable! These changes were made in IPhoto but Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite, Picasa, and a host of other editing programs will do the same thing.

It just takes a little time--but really not much. I figure you guys are worth it!

I like to think that just a little boost from God's Word each day and a little sharpening from Christian friends can transform me from the mundane to the memorable--not for my sake, for HIS!


Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 NLT

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17 NLT


Photobucket

2010-the Year of Longings

He longs to transform and renew our minds so that we can know His perfect will.

I long to be transformed by His Word and sharpened by you, my dear friends.