Tuesday, August 3, 2010

the unlikely or the likely?

Photobucket

I have a good friend who is going through a hard trial right now. My heart went out to her as I was talking to her on the phone yesterday morning. I wanted so much to minister God's peace to her in a meaningful way.

After hanging up the phone, I was cleaning out a drawer that I had just dumped stuff in when we moved here four years ago. We had made four moves in less than two years (after living in the same house for thirty years) and the last move just about did me in. I was also just coming out of a walking boot after nursing a broken foot for three months when we moved so to say that I was disorganized is the understatement of the century.

Why I chose yesterday morning to clean it out, I have no idea. Well, actually, I do know now but I didn't when I started. I do remember asking God early in the morning what His agenda was and telling Him that I wanted to be a part of His workings for the day.

Right before we moved here, I went on a mission trip to a country where Christian missionaries are not welcome and where there is great oppression. So, the note above is one I found in the drawer while I was cleaning--one that I had not read in over four years. And yes, it was from my friend--the one I had talked to earlier in the day who's going through a trial of her own right now.

I don't know if you are able to read all of her note but she is giving me scripture to sing while in this foreign country. And my note back to her that I somehow never sent is telling her how her Godly advice had helped me. I was able to sing the scriptures she gave me in the most unlikely of places.

I sent the picture above to her today in an email to remind her of her care and concern for me when I needed it most and gave her advice to sing the same scriptures to herself that she had given to me.

How likely is it that I would just happen to go through mounds of mementos and find that yesterday? And I don't think it was odd, I think it was God--and to Him be all the glory--just one more reason He continues to amaze me and take my breath away with each new day that passes.





He longs to disclose the secret things of Himself to us.

The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them. Psalm 25:14


The red rose? From my hubby celebrating our anniversary this past weekend.
Photobucket

Photobucket