Friday, October 1, 2010

A Friendship Day

I was privileged to get to spend a twenty-four hour period with an awesome friend of thirty-six years this past week. My simple pleasure this week is to share the glory of that day with you.

Photobucket

The view from her sunroom--a couple of hours there and you feel like you've been on a week's vacation. We saw several flocks of birds flying over headed north for the winter. I never could get my camera out in time. This is where we usually are in the late afternoons when I visit. Peace, sweet peace.  Of course, we followed our usual routine.

When I first arrived we met for lunch, shot some pictures of a couple of churches--thank God for patient friends who indulge me this time.  We took an afternoon walk to a site I am going to tell you about next week--it is a whole post in itself--but I will show you a couple of things we saw on the way there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Then a short drive to the little downtown area of Rogers and a walk down one of the main streets where we see a "doggie in a window."

Photobucket

Yes, he was real. And so cute!

Photobucket

Down the street was a quaint little bookstore called The Trolley Line.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My husband's name is Larry and he is 6'6". We couldn't help but laugh at the name of this book. I don't think I could lose him even if I took him to San Francisco. Maybe I might ought to try!

Photobucket

The next morning we spend time on her front porch reading Spurgeon and the Bible, enjoying coffee, the morning mist, the birds, the quiet country sounds and girl talk.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

A morning walk takes us to the beautiful Cooper Chapel. I will be featuring it more on Weekend Worship later today. The morning light was just right for taking pictures.


Photobucket


Oh wow! For lunch--Roasted Chicken and wild beans over a baked potato covered in cheese at a restaurant where light was streaming in from the ceiling windows. Great atmosphere!


Photobucket

One twenty-four hour period filled with a little bit of heaven right here on earth. Makes me long for the day when there will be no more goodbyes!

Photobucket

2010-the Year of Longings


He longs to satisfy our deep needs for friendship.

I long to be the kind of friend that He is to me--faithful, honest, sincere, genuine, and I think humorous at times.

PHOTOS:  All photos taken in the past week--the flower is dedicated to my friend.  I love you dearly.

I am linking to Simple Pleasures:

Project Simple Pleasures2