Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not Your Mama's T-Bird!

Photobucket

I drive a nine-year old PT Cruiser. None of these pictures are it.

Photobucket

Sometime back, I borrowed my husband's van and drove to another city for a calligraphy workshop.

Photobucket

I could have taken my silver PT Cruiser.

Photobucket

I don't know why I didn't because there was just one other person riding with me and there would have been plenty of room.

Photobucket

When I got to my destination and the motel where we were staying,

Photobucket

I was heart-broken because

Photobucket

there was a PT Cruiser Lovers' Convention in progress and I was driving

Photobucket

not my cute little Cruiser, but a big old clunky van.

Photobucket

But my simple pleasure this week is

Photobucket

Photobucket

remembering the fun these people had comparing notes about one of the loves of their lives.

Photobucket

I have NEVER had a moment's trouble with my Cruiser. It has been the best car I have ever driven. Simple pleasure? Driving a 9 year-old reliable car. Thank you, Lord, for dependable transportation to get me from one spot to another.


Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings


He longs to show us His eternal dependability and reliability.


I long to totally depend on Him for every need and want of my life.


Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures. Psalm 119:20

I am linking to Dayle over at Simple Pleasures today--




Project Simple Pleasures2