Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Blessing

I've been out-of-town all day. It is 8:30 and I just got home and grabbed a bite to eat but I have to show you where I've been.

To visit my niece and namesake, Lindsay Dianne--who was in the hospital.................

Photobucket


having her new baby daughter...........Lilly Jane


Photobucket


This is my sister, Mary Jane and Lindsay............


Photobucket

and a waiting room full to overflowing so some ended up in the hallway...................I arrived at 9:30 in the morning, Thursday, and this is around 6:15 in the evening.............


Photobucket


After waiting all day, Lilly Jane made her arrival at about 6:35 p.m.--she was about 5 minutes old and had not been weighed yet when her dad, David, brought her out to see us.  The nurse told us after a routine exam earlier in the day that she didn't think we would be putting bows in her hair...............


Photobucket


but she really missed that one.............................


Photobucket


Friends and family there to celebrate--David's mom is overcome with emotion.  Late in the day after some complications, it was decided that Lindsay would have to have a C-section.  Big brothers Dawson and Colby look on.


Photobucket


I love this picture.  My sister's husband rarely shows outward affection especially to another male in the family.  But here he is rubbing his son-in-law's  head and asking him how he held up.   It reminded me so much of Gary Smalley's book The Gift of the Blessing.

This book is basically about the gift of unconditional love and acceptance that every child needs from their parents, even adult children.  The Bible calls this gift--the blessing.

Photobucket

2010-the Year of Longings
He longs for each one of us to accept His gift of unconditional love and acceptance through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
I long to give the gift of the blessing to all around me.

I pray you and yours have a blessed weekend, dear friends.  I love you.  I'm sorry when I don't make it around to visit and comment as much as I would like.  The last week or so has been crazy around here.  Still no hot water and we have been facing some challenges in a couple of other areas of our lives but God is faithful.  I choose to put my trust in Him.  I still believe Romans 8--the whole chapter.

Disclaimer: I have no links with The Smalley Store, I just think it is a good book that will bless you and your family.