Thursday, December 23, 2010

Written In Red




For an explanation of the posts this month, please go here.

Day 24

"I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people." Jeremiah 31:33

Jennifer's prayer: "I pray that Your law will be encoded in the spiritual DNA of my descendants. May Your law become their instinctual and spontaneous way of living, more natural to them than unrighteousness."~Jennifer Kennedy Dean

My prayer: "O Father, this is such an awesome verse. I ask that you put Your law in the minds of my descendants and please write it on their hearts. I pray that all of them will be Your people and serve you gladly and unconditionally.

Father, on this Christmas Eve when we celebrate the nearness of Your long awaited arrival, I pray that my heart and the hearts of my children and grandchildren will be prepared for your sweet coming. May the star that shone so brightly on that distant night bring light to our hearts and our lives, our thoughts and our deeds.

I pray this Christmas will be holy in our family. That the true hush of Your Holy Spirit who rested weighty upon Mary's womb with Your Only Begotten, will rest heavy on our hearts and impregnate us with a burden for the salvation of the world. May we go boldly forth proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, the One and Only Answer to the sin of our souls."

Photobucket
2010-the Year of Longings
I long for Your DNA to be written in the red of my descendants' blood cells.