Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry-Go-Life



I wish I could tell you how the holidays spun out for me

How at first I dragged my feet thinking I would not decorate nearly so much as usual--




Kinda afraid to get on the holiday band wagon--

Cause I know someday it won't be the same anymore--

The people who used to ride with me





My mom and dad and Meemaw and Peepaw

Well, they're weren't here this Christmas and haven't been for a number of years now--

But somehow my memories keep them just as vivid as their first nativity celebrated heavenly--

I decided to get on anyway

To go ahead and kick up my heels--

And before I knew it my heart was flying high




Rejoicing with the people God has embedded in my heart at this time and place--

During this season, the almost winter, of my Merry-Go-Life.



Photobucket

Please join Emily, me and all the others at Imperfect Prose.