Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Simple Pleasure




Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8



My simple pleasure today was a just a little photography session in my kitchen. I grabbed three apples, a black turtleneck, some vegetable oil, a camera, a scripture off the wall and played.

I had fun trying to mimic some of the pretty food photographs I've seen online and playing with light and shadow.  Just a simple little thing but it brought a lot of pleasure.


I hope your day has included some simple pleasures.  Isn't it wonderful to serve a God who not only cares about our eternal destination but cares so profoundly about the little things in our lives that bring us so much joy.

All Glory to God,
Dianne
2011-the Year of Living Beyond Myself

Calligraphy: The calligraphy in the last picture is the work of Michael Podesta. You can view his work here.http://www.michaelpodesta.com/Welcome-Michael-Podesta.html

I am linking to Dayle and the others over at Simple Pleasures.  Won't you join us?

Project Simple Pleasures2