Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pearl of Great Price

Just thought of this cute little story this afternoon and hope you will get a laugh out of it as I did.

A friend of mine shared with me that she had bought her young son a new Bible. I think Andrew was nine or ten at the time--not sure. This was quite a few years ago--it just popped in my mind today. But he was old enough to know how to write and to know some of his mother's habits. smile

It seems that my friend, Lisa, presented him the Bible but had forgotten to fill out the page where it says:

Photobucket


When she went to get the Bible from his room to record the pertinent information, she found written in his childish scrawl:

Photobucket


What will your children remember about you? What will my children remember about me? We can be sure they are or were watching.

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1,2


I think what this verse is telling us is this: Just as children imitate what they see, we should imitate God as Jesus did when He gave Himself for us.

Photobucket


When I started writing this post, I was just going to tell you the little story about Andrew. As it developed, the little laugh turned in to a sobering moment for me.


A repost from past pages.