Thursday, March 24, 2011

Photobucket


Tempetuous, like the angry, rolling sea
Sometimes my spirit boils up--
Someone rescue me.

Over the horizon
I feel a calm and normal me

If only I could get there
From this strangling death be free.

Lighthouse--oh come and rescue me--

Oh God, you are my lighthouse,
Jesus, you are my lifeboat,
Holy Spirit, you are my lifeline.

Rescue me--rescue me from myself.


When I quit talking and listened these were the words that came to my spirit:

"You are my servant, 
I have chosen you
and not rejected you. 
So do not fear,
for I am with you,
Do not be dismayed
For I am your God.
I will strengthen you
and help you,
I will uphold you
with my right hand."

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. John 15:16a
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" Matt 14:31


I think one of the great benefits of reading His scriptures every day is portrayed above. Seemingly, I was helpless, drowning, but when I called for help, the scripture that I had read over the years came back to my spirit and rescued me. I am not patting myself on the back for reading the scripture. I can't even take credit for realizing that I am helpless, hopeless, a total wreck without Him. He is even responsible for showing me that. I am giving credit to my God who says His Word will NOT return void.


So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11



Loving you,
Dianne
2011-the Year of Beyond

a repost from past pages

Photo:  Carmel, California  1996