We Feel Your Prayers

Oh precious friends who left comments and who are praying for my family, how I thank you!

I spent the day with my sister making funeral arrangements for her son--we know no details as of yet as to cause of death or whenever we will be able to have his services.

Matt's brother, Phillip was just home on furlough from Afghanistan for two weeks and had just gone back. He is hung up in Kandahar and we don't know when he will be able to get home. He has begged us to wait. He missed the last family funeral while serving his country some years back and wants to be here so badly.

Cherish those you love today--make phone calls, go to visit, hug them long and hard, tell them you love them over and over and over again.

Oh how I love each of you. You will never know this side of heaven what your friendship means to me. Some don't understand this crazy blogging world and I don't know how God establishes so strong a bond between those of us who have never laid eyes on each other and probably never will, but I am grateful--grateful for the tie that binds--His precious Spirit who reaches across city lines, county lines, states lines, nation lines, continent lines to embrace us in one big holy hug.

We here in Arkansas are crazy about our Razorbacks. Thought you might want to know that we are burying our Mattie in a Razorback shirt and everyone is encouraged to wear "hog" shirts to the services. Matt would have loved that. I thought that might bring you a smile.

I thought my sister did great today considering our circumstances. Thank you once again, sweet and dear friends.

Love,
Dianne

Comments

Karen said…
Thank you for updating us, now we know a little more how to pray, especially for the brother.
elizabeth said…
Oh my dear friend, just now got online. Due to being on vacation I just now read about your nephew. I am so sorry for your loss and am going to be praying for you and your family. Much, much, love to you.
Sandy said…
Just checking the blogs tonight in between
all the company and everything and saw this
about your nephew. I am so very sorry, Dianne.
You know I will be in prayer for your sister
and all of you. So sorry.
I love you,
Sandy
Maria said…
Hi Dianne ~ I am going to light a candle now ~ and say a prayer for your family.
I can't even imagine the tremendous sense of loss.
My heart goes out to you and your family ♥
It is the most difficult thing I have witnessed ~ the loss of a child. The youngest daughter of a friend of mine passed on at the tender age of 10 {15 years ago} I will never forget the impact on the family or on the community.
From this mother's heart to yours ~
God's love and comfort go with you as you comfort your family in the next days and always,
♥ Maria
Adoption Mama said…
Continuing to pray. It is vital to our sustenance. Our God is hearing them all. And answering in His time. So glad we have our Great God who saves.
Mary B said…
Dear dear friend...I will continue praying for you and all of your family. I am especially lifting up Phillip. In some ways, this blogging world is strange, but I am so grateful for the friends I have made through it...especially you.

Love you,
Mary

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence