Friday, August 5, 2011

We Feel Your Prayers

Oh precious friends who left comments and who are praying for my family, how I thank you!

I spent the day with my sister making funeral arrangements for her son--we know no details as of yet as to cause of death or whenever we will be able to have his services.

Matt's brother, Phillip was just home on furlough from Afghanistan for two weeks and had just gone back. He is hung up in Kandahar and we don't know when he will be able to get home. He has begged us to wait. He missed the last family funeral while serving his country some years back and wants to be here so badly.

Cherish those you love today--make phone calls, go to visit, hug them long and hard, tell them you love them over and over and over again.

Oh how I love each of you. You will never know this side of heaven what your friendship means to me. Some don't understand this crazy blogging world and I don't know how God establishes so strong a bond between those of us who have never laid eyes on each other and probably never will, but I am grateful--grateful for the tie that binds--His precious Spirit who reaches across city lines, county lines, states lines, nation lines, continent lines to embrace us in one big holy hug.

We here in Arkansas are crazy about our Razorbacks. Thought you might want to know that we are burying our Mattie in a Razorback shirt and everyone is encouraged to wear "hog" shirts to the services. Matt would have loved that. I thought that might bring you a smile.

I thought my sister did great today considering our circumstances. Thank you once again, sweet and dear friends.

Love,
Dianne