Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekend Worship at First United Methodist, Hamburg, Arkansas

Last weekend my husband and I went to Hamburg, Arkansas, a little town of about 3000 people. I was thrilled to find the beautiful First Methodist Church.




Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. 


You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. 

Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. 

Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.
 Hear my prayer, O LORD; listen to my cry for mercy.

In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours.

All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, 

O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.

For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.

Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; 

give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.
From Psalm 86








For your great love and abounding mercy and grace, we give you praise O Lord.