Weekend Worship at First United Methodist, Hamburg, Arkansas

Last weekend my husband and I went to Hamburg, Arkansas, a little town of about 3000 people. I was thrilled to find the beautiful First Methodist Church.




Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. 


You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. 

Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. 

Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.
 Hear my prayer, O LORD; listen to my cry for mercy.

In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deeds can compare with yours.

All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, 

O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.

For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.

Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; 

give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.
From Psalm 86








For your great love and abounding mercy and grace, we give you praise O Lord.


Comments

Sandy said…
No wonder you were thrilled to find this
church. It is just beautiful! Thanks for
sharing it and all the wonderful scripture
verses as well.
Love,
Sandy
The Jammie Girl said…
What a beautiful church! I know it shouldn't matter what our surroundings look like when we worship, but my soul just sings when I see a church so lovingly and beautifully crafted, especially one that has stood the test of time :)
Anita Johnson said…
I thought of you just yesterday! In the middle of hundreds of acres of corn, a beautiful church surrounded by an old cemetery. I hope to post some pictures, the markers were beautiful! Your photos are beautiful, I miss stained glass windows!
What a beautiful church. I love all the green.
God Bless,
Ginger
Mary B said…
As always, I love your photos and your gift with words continues to amaze me!
Charlotte said…
Beautiful church. Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment