Thursday, February 9, 2012

How Do I Receive This Love?

When I check the statistics of my blog readers, it overwhelms my heart to see people from countries all over the world.

 It staggers me really--that I would have the chance sitting right here in my living room to reach out to people from everywhere--well, who could have ever dreamed of anything this incredible besides God?!

My last post featured some art work and a scripture, well, part of a scripture.  Today I wanted to emphasize the rest of the scripture.


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  John 3:16 (NIV)

To me there are several key words in this scripture


*loved--I looked this up and really there are no words to describe real love especially that of the Father God towards His creation--it includes, unselfish, unconditional, mercy, grace, but it would take a book here to define God's love for us--


*gave--a free gift


*whoever--that means you, me, all of us


*believes--to accept the Word or Evidence with our whole hearts


*perish--die


*eternal--not die EVER




This scripture emcompasses a lot but a study of the scriptures makes it very simple--


God wants us to accept His love--in the person of Jesus


He wants us to believe in Him and in ALL that He says in His Word


He is NOT willing that ANY of us should PERISH


He wants ALL of us to live forever with Him




A simple way to do that is this:


Dear God,


I realize that I am in need of a Savior--that I cannot save myself--I cannot be good enough--


I accept by faith that You sent Your son to live on earth, the perfect Son of God Who reflected You in every way--lived, was crucified and resurrected for my sake--


I come to You now in total and complete humbleness of heart asking You to forgive me for all of my sin


Make me clean--give me a brand new heart--


By faith I accept that You have done this and I now give You thanks--


I ask that You guide me all the days of my life and help me live for You each of those days, making you not only Savior but Lord of every aspect of my life.


Teach me each day.


Help me to be faithful to read Your Word.




In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen



I am turning off comments just for today.  If you know this love already, would you please take the time it would take to comment and instead say a prayer for people all over the world who will read this today and ask God that their hearts will be touched, understanding will come through the Holy Spirit and that many will make Him Savior and Lord of their lives today.  Thank you, sweet friends.






© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted