Safe In His Arms

I love everything about this picture of my great niece, Lilly Jane--the rosy cheeks, the flawless complexion, the sweet, sweet sleep, the butterfly on her jacket, the serenity, the peace-- To me this picture is a perfect example of how God wants us to recline on His bosom--to literally lay every care, every negative thought, every weight that would beset us--on Him.

Hoping your day has been a peaceful one.

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.--Ps. 4:8


© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted-picture of Lilly Jane taken by her mother, Lindsay.  Thank you for letting me use this, precious niece.

Comments

Nancy said…
She is soooo beautiful...such a wonderful picture....

And yes I agree, I think God wants us to curl up on him and just relax and be at complete peace....A great thought for today....I want to keep this thought in my heart all week and ponder it....

I love the new look of your blog; its so peaceful and tranquil but I do miss your picture......
Sandy said…
I love everything about her including her beautiful name. When I look at babies and children I see their eyelashes and lips most of all. Lilly Jane's are exquisite. She is a masterpiece of God, as are all children and I love them all. Thanks for sharing this precious picture and give her a kiss on one of those rosy cheeks for me. :o)
xo xo
Debbie said…
(First, I love her name. That is so much my kind of name)

Second, I think you captured so very beautifully what is meant by coming to Him as a child. It's that safe and secure child's rest that He wants for ALL of us.

I would like to frame that verse and put it by my bed. (I suffer with a sleep disorder) How perfect would that be?

I've been very much "miss" in blog land lately. I'm getting very weary of fighting my computer on a regular basis. Really, I am...

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment