Sunday, May 6, 2012

Feeling the Need

SSo much has happened the past two weeks I hardly know where to begin.

It may take more than one post to even touch the surface but I am feeling the need to share it with you.

 Let's start at the very beginning--a very good place to start!

 A couple of years ago I started reading a blog entitled Places Of My Heart. If you haven't read Karen's blog, you might want to check it out. Karen writes with deep feeling and emotion but does it so succinctly, unlike me--boo hoo!

Her photography is really great also.  And her decorating talents are to be envied--well, not envied but you know what I mean.

She was also reading my blog and we exchanged some emails--discovered we had some interesting "ties" and we immediately bonded.

As you know in this blogging world, you meet lots of people and you want to keep up with everyone but between having a life of your own in the "real world" and trying to keep up with many in the "blogging world," it becomes an impossible task to keep up with people the way your heart really desires.

So we emailed occasionally and kept up with each other mainly through our posts.

As we all do from time to time, we go through times when it is harder to be consistent with our blogging.

Karen and I both had experienced some times like this in the last year.

However on April 19, I prayed that morning asking God to show me which of my blogger friends to visit and write an encouraging email.

I noticed that Karen had posted that day and went to her blog--it was very inspiring with beautiful pictures.

At the bottom of the post she mentioned that she and her mother-in-law were going to The Potter's House in North Carolina the next week.

I wrote her an email telling her how much I enjoyed the post and very "tongue-in-cheek" told her how jealous I was that they were getting to go to North Carolina.  Totally kidding, totally thinking of nothing but letting her know in a joking way that I was really glad she was getting to make this trip.

She immediately popped an email back that read, "Come on--pack your bags and go with us.  We have been praying for someone to go with us."

I won't go into all the details that led me to know this, but I KNEW it was God's will that I go--and my husband was so receptive--everything just fell in to place and I joined Karen and her mom-in-law on a journey to North Carolina.

The first leg of the journey was not even one week later, April 25--a 6 hour drive for me from my home in Arkansas to Karen's home in Mississippi.

I had become Facebook friends with Nancy (after becoming blogging friends) who leads The Potter's House ministry and had designed the header for her blog about the ministry. Nancy had asked me to design the header after a post I had done trying to raise money for Renewal Ranch.

I spent the first night at Karen's--fell in love with her precious husband, son and mother-in-law.  I'll tell you a cute story about her son later.

The next morning we set out for North Carolina--it wasn't 20 minutes before we made our first stop--the first of many--smile--Karen knows I love to take pictures of churches and she indulged me big time.  I can never thank her enough.




There was a beautiful magnolia tree over to the far right--just had to get a pic of that also.

And another stop.....................





We also made a stop at Everhope Plantation home--so beautiful--



I believe Marilyn said this was a crabapple.


Do you get the idea it is going to take us a long time to get to our destination?  We drove about 6 hours or so on Thursday, the 25th.  But with all the stops, of course it took us much longer than that!

God was so good to us every step of the way--will start with Athens, Tennessee tomorrow--

      Much love,

 
Would you like to share your thoughts or your heart with me? My contact information is listed in the upper right of the sidebar. Please feel free to email me. I love hearing from you and cherish the friendships I have made through blogging.


I am leaving the comments on for this post--

 © all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted