Monday, February 4, 2013

Dedicating James

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8


God blessed us with a memorable weekend.

We drove to Tulsa for the dedication of our eighth grandchild and second grandson.

I didn't get any pictures of the dedication itself because all of the family was present at the front with the parents and pastor.

Andrea, my daughter-in-law, shared just a little bit of their journey where James is concerned and the pastor prayed a wonderful prayer.

Giving our children and grandchildren to God is one of the greatest responsibilities and blessings that can be known in this life in my humble opinion.

I pray that God will use James all the days of his life and that he will be willing to lay down everything and follow our blessed Savior.



My 9 year old granddaughter caught a quick pic of James and me early Saturday morning--if you don't have a little one at present, I'm sure you can remember those early morning snuggles--oh, they are so heart warming.  And they are good coming from a 9 year old and a 12 year old too.


The painting was done on my IPad using the app Paper 53.

This was the first painting I did with that particular application and when I first started it, I did not like it at all compared to Brushes. 
But the longer I used it, the more I liked it--it is a different look. 



© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted