Were You There?

Photobucket

W
ere you there when they crucified my Lord? Were you there?


Photobucket

Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble, were you there when they crucified my Lord?

Photobucket

Were you there when they nailed Him to a tree? Were you there?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Were you there when He rose up from the dead?
Sometimes it causes me to tremble, tremble, tremble,
Were you there when He rose up from the dead?

Read more about the resurrection of Jesus here.




I painted this canvas several years ago.  It's all about the song Were You There?  I posted it a couple of years ago but thought a repost would be appropriate here with Easter only a few weeks away.

It's almost Spring and Sunday is on its way.
Hope your weekend is incredible.

Turning another page,
Dianne


© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted



sharing with


FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE (SPRING THING LINK PARTY)






SUNDAY STILLNESS

StudioJRU

Comments

i love that song, and your painting is
beautifully fitting.
HisFireFly said…
breathtaking and life giving all at once...
like He Is!
Mary C. Nasser said…
Love the complementary color palette and GORGEOUS lettering! Wow!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art
Kaye Swain said…
What a lovely post and illustration. And what a sweet reminder of His overwhelming, never-failing love for us! Something I am now working hard to share with my grandkids and others! Sweet joys!
Netty said…
Beautiful art, so perfect for Easter.
Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Lorraine said…
great layers and textures and yes Easter will be here soon when good triumphs over evil
your textures are amazing, and i do like that colour palette...xx
colors, layers, textures, the message ... powerful!

Linda
Janis Cox said…
Oh those colours bless me so much. And the message is wonderful.
Thank you for this Easter message.
Blessings,
Janis www.janiscox.com
elizabeth said…
This might be my favorite! You are amazing, my friend.
Giggles said…
I seem to remember this song too!!
Beautiful artwork...gorgeous colors and font!! So pretty!!

Hugs Giggles
Anita Johnson said…
The painting is just beautiful. I remember singing that song in the huge old church we attended in Chicago...the words just filled those archways...
Dianne said…
truly awesome painting and calligraphy! an excellent reminder of what's important
Cat Beringer said…
Beautiful artwork and one of my favorite hymns. hppf!
Elisa said…
Amen! Amen! Powerful post.
Anne Manda said…
Beautiful and touching! <3
Lisa said…
A vibrant testimony of faith, a stunning statement of creative beauty! Inspiring.
yes... that is such a powerful song. love the piece you made from that inspiration. beautiful and perfect for this Easter season!
I love that song, and your paintings are amazing.
Pamela said…
Beautiful art--a true treasure with its meaning. When I was in high school our choir sang this. 30 some years ago and I remember each word!
Annesphamily said…
Dianne, your painting is amazing! The colors so lovely. I know and love that song and I thank you for sharing it here with us. Blessings, Anne
jasonS said…
Just beautiful. Thank you, Dianne.
Beth said…
Beautiful painting and such a beautiful song!
BARBIE said…
I love the song, and your paintings are truly beautiful!
Charlotte said…
I have always liked that song and your art visuals are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte
peggy apl said…
I just came from a trip to the holy land and this post has special meaning for me. Beautiful painting.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence