Saturday, April 20, 2013

She Knows




For the sake of understanding the story--for those of you who don't know, Renewal Ranch is a place right outside of Conway, AR dedicated to helping men restore their lives through Christ, men who have been in the addictions of alcohol and/or drugs.

My husband and I are volunteers at the Ranch.


I know your time is valuable but if you get a chance I hope you will skim over it.

There is a very neat addendum to the story.


Right after I started taking pictures of this painting, a ray of sunlight suddenly engulfed it.



I will call the main character S. like I did in the other post.

S. never got in Renewal Ranch but he is walking free in God's victory today.  He has been clean for a year and two months.

In the other story, I posted that his problem was drugs.  However, it was alcohol.

A few months ago, S. met a young man in the throes of addiction and brought him to the Ranch.

His friend, R, got in.


A few weeks ago, S, R and I were asked to give our testimony.

I started telling basically the same story I told in the other post.

S. picked up where I left off and then R. told of his part of the story.

The thing is--we all KNOW beyond a shadow of any doubt that it was orchestrated by God and we give Him all the glory.


Wanting to remember this event and how God orchestrated it, I started a journal page last year.

I got almost finished and got discouraged about the girl's face.


Today I decided to paint in my art journal and happened to turn to this page.

I worked on her face a little bit and am pleased with it now.



In Him we live and move and have our being.  Acts 17:28


© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted