Uh-oh!


A

I was going to share this over at Texture Tuesday today (the theme for today is black and white with just a touch of color) but I forgot to place the texture over it before I flattened it (Photoshop terminology) and it would not let me add a texture after that even though I opened a new picture and started over.
My computer is really "acting up" since I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion.  If I had it to do over, I would stay with Snow Leopard.  
Anyway, I liked it so much, I decided to share it with you.

I love black and white but looking at the red apple makes me love that God decided to add color to our world.  How about you?
If you've never read the book The Giver, it is about a society where there were no hills or valleys and no color.  It has a strong underlying spiritual theme in my opinion and is one of the best books I've ever read.  Looking for a good book with plenty of room to let your imagination run wild--this is it.
Hope you enjoy!  And have a blessed evening.
All my love to all of you,
Dianne




© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted




Comments

elizabeth said…
Love your photo! I will have to check out the book you recommended. Who is the author?
Dianne said…
Thanks, Elizabeth. The author is Lois Lowry, who also wrote Number the Stars--another great book. These are Young Adult books but I love them.

There are sequels to The Giver but I personally do not recommend them. I like The Giver ending just where it ended.

S. Etole said…
Love that pop of red.
Anita Johnson said…
I'm not familiar with Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion...what are they? It seems more like a photoshop thing than a server, but computers can be baffling. I once renamed a photo and was then able to make changes to it again in photoshop, maybe that would work. Anyway, glad God gave us the color red!
Dianne said…
They are Mac operating systems.

And yes, I need to try your suggestion. Hope it works!
Marcie said…
Love this! So perfectly simple and visually appealing. Especially great how you did the selective coloring here.
Maria said…
Hi Dianne!
I'm out and about tonight in Blogland and it's so very nice to visit!
When I first saw your picture, the first thing I thought of was "book cover."
I love the shock of the red agains the white.
Then... You mentioned the book, "The Giver" ... This was the book that changed the way my oldest daughter, Amanda, felt about reading. She became an voracious reader after this book. She is now an English teacher.
That's quite a testimony for this book!
Hoping all is well...
God bless you and your family,
Maria
Donna B said…
So pretty! I have enjoyed looking through your blog. Check out Sunshine PenPals and join the fun!http://sunshinepenpals.blogspot.com/
wordglow said…
I love black and white too, but the spark of red here is luscious... A stand out. :) - Pam, apples of gold, http://wordglow.wordpress.com

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.