Sunday, November 17, 2013

Golden Inspiration


After a Saturday morning granddaughter's basketball game, my husband and I went out to eat lunch at a small local pizza joint that has incredible pizza.  



We got the supreme, thin crust with white spicy cheese sauce instead of the regular red pizza sauce.  Oh my goodnes, it was definitely a winner.  Will order that one again someday.



The restaurant is in an older quaint little section of Little Rock.  The parking is very limited so we had to park a block or so away and walk through the neighborhood.  What a treat.

I thought it so frugal and clever to use the yellow gold ribbon as a decoration.  Of course, it didn't hurt anything that they have a beautiful black, wrought iron gate to hang it on. 




The next family probably spent a little more on their decorations but not a massive amount, and they are so welcoming and festive--not too overdone--just right to me.




But I was definitely inspired by the golden bow to just make the effort to add a touch of festivity no matter how simple.




This is part of an old church in the neighborhood.  I thought the golden leaves of the tree looked so pretty with the white-washed bricks in the background.

Sure hope your weekend was a lovely one.  I have so much to be grateful for and I am so very, very thankful.  

The sunshine in my soul far outweighs any storms thrown at us.

Praying that your week ahead is exactly what God wants for you.



And the greatest inspiration of all to me--the Word of God 
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Psalm 84:11





© all photographs, art and text property of Elizabeth Dianne unless otherwise noted