So Strong So Gentle-So Much Love


When I think 'strong and gentle,' the Word of God (John 1:1) is what comes to my mind.

 I know nothing else in the world that can compare to its strength or its gentleness.

Talk about a big bang!  The breath of His lips spoke words and the planets exploded into being.  Genesis 1:1

The breath of His lips spoke words and a girl was raised from the valley of death. Luke 8:53-55
It's strong enough that it revives the soul. Psalm 19:7-9
It's strong and gentle enough that it loves purely. 1 Corinthians 13
Strength to scale a wall?  Yes! Psalm 18:29 
And my favorite on the gentle side--Zep. 3:17 

What greater love than that?

Update:  Getting old is NOT for sissies.  The name of Kim's post last week was Strong & Gentle and right under it said something about theme announcement for next week.

I thought I read the whole post but evidently missed the part that the theme was LOVE--I thought it was STRONG AND GENTLE--well, I'm kinda glad I got it wrong because I like the thoughts that came to me about strong and gentle.

I get so many things wrong any more--now that's humbling--lol!


I used Kim Klassen's derek at 49% for extra texture.

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014





kimklassencafe

Comments

Amen..one of my favorite verses, He rejoices over us with singing!
Sandy said…
This is such a beautiful post, everything about it. I love the verses and the rose and your calligraphy. I feel like I want to just save this entire page it's so lovely.
Anita Johnson said…
I often think about God singing over us...your calligraphy brings the words to life!
Barb Pinion said…
Strong and Gentle took my mind immediately to Jesus. His strength shone through His gentleness...in
everything. This post is precious, really touched my heart. Still loving you, in case you thought I forgot about you. I haven't. Couldn't! We're sisters in Christ. God bless you, my friend.
S. Etole said…
So much beauty in one place. You've shared the gentleness so well. Wonderful calligraphy.
Debbie said…
I absolutely LOVE this so I'm glad you misread the theme and created exactly what you created. I love that verse. Now, my mind is running to all kinds of ways that I would love to use it in art.

Beautiful.
Nancy said…
I agree with the others...what a beautiful post in both word and picture....Your calligraphy just brings the Word to life....You really have a special gift.....
elizabeth said…
I missed the theme too...unless loving hot chocolate counts! Glad you were on target with what God showed you!😊
Sheila Lynch said…
Your rose image is stunning! So soft and dreamy - beautiful!
Marisa said…
This is absolutely beautiful... love it!<3

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.