Prayer For A Friend



I have a dear friend who is fighting cancer.

 Due to some complications with chemo, she is on a ventilator.

 I chose to take a shift on a 24 hour prayer chain for her.

I just came off my 30 minute shift which easily expanded to 45.

There is no distance, time, or space where the Holy Spirit is concerned.

So following the lead of the Godly woman who formed this chain, I read, sang and prayed for my friend through His power.

Many tears were shed as God touched my heart again and again.

Last night as I went to sleep with her beautiful name upon my lips in prayer, I tried to think what it must be like--lying there--cognizant, yet sedated somewhat, knowing I was on a ventilator.

I prayed for her to have a peace beyond comprehension.

And as I drifted off to sleep while still in prayer, I feel that God not only answered my prayer for her but touched me also.

I awoke this morning feeling better than I have felt in two months.

I do believe my God is working a miracle in her and in me.

Tonight as I was praying for her this is the verse that I seemed to come back to--Jeremiah 17:14.

I pray that this verse will minister to you tonight wherever you are and whatever need you have.

Love and prayers,
Dianne




© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014


Comments

elizabeth said…
I love you, my friend, and wish I could see you face to face and help to bear some of the burden you are going through. You are being lifted up in prayer right now.
Judy said…
Hi Dianne,

It's been a long time since I've visited your blog, but I made it a point to place you on my blogroll on my new photography website. I will pray for your friend. I pray she will have God's presence and peace in her circumstance and that the Lord will heal her and enable her to bounce back and breathe on her own.

Please pray for a mother and father who lost a young son to a drug overdose. The young man passed this past Tuesday. He was a fraternity brother of my son. My heart breaks for her. Thank you. I invite you to visit me again at Walking With God.

Blessings,
Judy
Sandy said…
My heart is saddened to read this word about your friend. I am so sorry and I will pray for her too. I am glad that the Lord touched you and I am sure He touched your friend as well.
I love you~
Anita Johnson said…
Yes, heal me oh Lord. Saying a prayer for you and your friend.
Debbie Petras said…
So sorry to read this news about your friend. Prayer is the best thing to do.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment