Sunday, June 29, 2014

Missing All of You


Yea, so I am really missing all of you and missing writing, photography and blogging.

 I am doing so much better physically. Have quit going to PT but trying to do it here at home.

Was doing really good until the last couple of days.

 I've got to be better disciplined in that area again so I will not lose all the gains I have made.

 They are certainly a gift from God.

Today is my husband's birthday--one of the things I have added to our home (during this redecorating etc.) is a chalkboard.

Hopefully, I will get a picture of his happy birthday chalkboard posted in the next day or two.

The chalkboard is not nearly as big as I had originally intended but I do think it is more practical.

I can handle taking it off the wall to design on it and I wouldn't be able to with a larger one.

We have ordered some furniture which has not arrived--8 weeks and counting--I did not want getting rid of the old furniture and receiving the new to overlap so we went ahead and got rid of the old--BUT, I am tired of not having a sofa to sit on--we (or I) take so many of these daily blessings so for granted.

My dining room is turning out beautiful. I can hardly wait for you to see it.

We did get a new buffet but the rest of it is stuff we already had--we painted the table and chairs Annie Sloan old white and I am loving it.

We decorated walls with some of the blue china I already had and a couple of old, old pieces that my mother-in-law left me. 

We attended a God and Country service at Immanuel Baptist Church today.

We've attended several other times but this one topped them all. There was a full choir and orchestra, people representing every branch of the military, flags, great sermon on what it will take for God to heal our land and lots and lots of great music. My favorite part is when they play the theme song for each branch of the service and the men and women who served in that particular branch stand up as their song is played and sung.

 Of course the choir was standing up already but there was one older gentleman (singing in the choir) who started waving a small American flag when his branch's song was played.

It just seemed as if the service today gave everyone (especially me) new hope for our country.

I'm glad you're here reading and hopefully I will get to start reading yours more faithfully.

Hope you have a wonderful 4th.  I will be back to post a picture of my July 4th chalkboard later in a couple of days--still trying to work out a design.






© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014