I'm Desperate


Yea, I am desperate for Him.

The Him is none other--Jesus Christ. 

We had a great service today at church--great sermon--on prayer.

My blog has really been on my heart lately--I've been blogging for six years now and the last few months have really dropped the ball.

I don't remember praying specific prayers about my blog but God knows me intimately and I believe the very thoughts of Christians committed to walking with Him, following in His footsteps--are prayers that rise to Him.

UPDATE--I was talking about praying about my blog recently in the above sentence--yes, I have prayed many prayers over the last six years for my blog to glorify God and for my readers also--just a little clarification--

So I know He knows my thoughts, my intents, my desires.

I don't know what I really expected when I first started blogging--I know that I love to write and one part of me was hoping that my writings would touch someone else.

With my whole heart I know that I wanted to glorify God BUT.............. Somewhere deep inside I wonder if I was wanting to have a "famous" blog--

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I even realized then that "famous blogs" were possible--so hopefully that was not in my thoughts.

But I have struggled along the way, wishing for more readers, more people to comment,--etc. etc.

Well, after six years, I think I know that I will never be a famous blogger BUT............ Today, when we were having special prayer at church and I was asking God what He wanted from me, my blog kept coming to my mind.

Now, I NEVER want to inject my own thinking into God's Words as He speaks to me, but I couldn't get it out of my mind nor can I now SO............ I guess I'm back.

I don't know how often I will post.

It was a real discipline to sit down at my computer tonight and just start typing--not to measure my words or edit and re-edit but just to type out my feelings.

I hope you are desperate for God also. Let's plan to spend some time together the next few days talking about Jesus and how wonderful He is.

I think about you--readers of this blog (and I just teared up as I typed this) and how very important you are to me--but way more importantly than that is the fact that you are so precious to God.

He loves You so very much. If you do not know Him, I pray that you will come to know Him in the days ahead.

If you are a child of His, I pray that your walk with Him will grow stronger and your prayer life more faithful.

That is what I desire so much. Hope your Monday is great.

 Love, Dianne


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.  Eph. 1:3
********************

bolding is mine--with every spiritual blessing?!!--wow--why don't you take a minute a list a few of his spiritual blessings to you?  I think I will also.

If you leave a comment, I would love it if you would list one or two of your spiritual blessings.


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014




Comments

elizabeth said…
You are a blessing to me, an encouragement. Your blog is famous to me, important to me. I miss it when you don't post.
S. Etole said…
I was just thinking of you earlier this evening and wondering how you were. Such a treat to find you here again.
Debbie said…
I love what you just said. I *get* what you just said. I also love what Elizabeth said (above, in comments. Doesn't she have the most wonderful way with words?) It' s a funny thing, Dianne. When I am in my biggest valleys (like lately), I avoid Blogland. I don't know why. When I return to this crazy little place, I always feel just a little stronger and happier and more grounded in who I am supposed to be than I am when I'm avoiding it. I'm not talking exclusively about the writing of my own blog, either. I'm talking about reading and visiting.

I'm pretty picky with whom I hang here. I'm not much about the "famous" ones. Oh, I used to be, but after a while I realized that many if not most of them didn't bring out the best in me. It was the quieter blogs that did that, the blogs like yours and Elizabeth's. I'm very drawn to the spirit of the blogger more than the blog.

Because of that, visiting fellow bloggers is the only cyber or social media activity that actually lifts me up instead of dragging me down or just wasting my time. It's time well spent, time worth sacrificing other mundane things to accommodate.

I'm glad you are returning to writing. I discovered recently that part of my own blog malaise is that so many of my favorites no longer write at all or write rarely. It's kind of the way I feel about my church right now. So many of my kindred souls have gone on to be with Jesus. I'm lonely for them. I'm lonely for blog friends in the same way. Having you write more often will put a light in my own path.

Sorry to ramble. I know I didn't say what I wanted to say or say it well, but what I am trying to say comes from my heart.
Thank you, Susan. It is so very comforting to know I have been "thought about." I appreciate that very much.
Debbie, it was NOT rambling to me. Your words mean more than you will ever know to me--especially the second paragraph--oh, thank you so much for that--it is so appreciated. Just reread the last two paragraphs one more time and really all your words are just what my 'ole blogging soul' needed to here. And I need to hear from you more often!!

And yes, Elizabeth certainly has a way with words. Her blog is one of my all-time favorites--along with yours!
Sandy said…
I'm glad you wrote every word that you did today, Dianne. I don't read any of the so-called famous blogs regularly anymore. I search out the few from the handful of women I have come to know and love, whose hearts have captured mine. It doesn't matter the number of people who read our blogs but rather establishing true friendships with some of them, I think. And comments? Well, I don't always comment on every blog I read. I just don't have a lot of blogging time anymore. It doesn't mean you haven't touched a heart for Jesus just because someone didn't comment. Sometimes those who need Jesus most just can't comment yet. Their hearts are not ready to open up to anyone.
You already know how I feel about you so I don't need to tell you.
I love you! Oops! I told you anyway. <3
Thank you dear Sandy. Your words always touch my heart deeply. And I know you are right about the comments. You are so right!!! I, myself, am somewhat shy although I appear to be very outgoing. Sometimes, it is so hard for me to really comment about what is in my heart. Love you too. So very much!
My reply to you was showing up twice so I thought I was deleting one of them but actually deleted both. Anyway, just want you to know how much you encouraged me and I so appreciate your faithfulness as a blogger. When I grow up, I want to be just like you! smile

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.