Saturday, August 30, 2014

Weekend Worship


Hoping your weekend is filled with meaningful worship--sometimes the best kind is just being still and waiting before Him.

This morning when I was trying to put my thoughts and words away and let God speak to me, I found it hard but not impossible.  The result was a very precious time spent alone with Him--it didn't end up being as long as I wanted but the result might as well have been a day spent in His presence.

Sarah Young in Jesus Calling for August 29 describes it this way:


"By waiting with Me before you begin the day's activities, you proclaim the reality of My living Presence. This act of faith--waiting before working--is noted in the spirit world, where your demonstration of trust weakens principalities and powers of darkness..............As you look to me for guidance I enable you to do less but accomplish more."



I have been away from my watercolor painting for several months as the house has been in disarray while we have done some redecorating.

We got it back together about a month ago and I was wanting to get back to it so badly but every day seemed to present obstacles.

It was this morning that I realized the last sentence from the above quote had materialized in my life.

I did this 9" x 12" painting yesterday afternoon.  It is kinda rough--takes a little practice to get back into the groove of watercolor but I am pleased and excited and ready to get started again.

I painted it fairly loose and then took it into Photoshop where I added some more details and a few more reflections in the water--and yes, the birds--.

I hope it is not too much like hers to be called my own, but I did look at a landscape done by Pat Weaver at pat.weaver.net for inspiration.  I love her loose way of painting.

Have a wonderful weekend and a great Labor Day or non Labor Day!

Much love,
Dianne

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014

connecting with: