And Having Done All--to Stand!











It's interesting to watch the seasons of our dogwood tree.  In spring it bursts forth with blossoms too beautiful to comprehend--much less try to describe.

Some have attempted to write legends about the dogwood blossom--comparing its beauty to the one most devastatingly beautiful event in history for the Christian--the death, burial and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus.

In summer, it stands--not the most gorgeous of its seasons--but, it stands.  In Arkansas, the dogwood can endure temperatures that range from 115 degrees (summer before last) to 0 degrees and slightly below in the winter.

The pictures above were taken yesterday--our dogwood in Fall--the leaves all sun kissed with warmth and color.

I want to be like this dogwood--to bend with the winds of adversity--but not break--to flower when the season is right--to stand when things get hot--to go with the flow of the seasons of my life--to bring sun kissed warmth and glory to my magnificent Savior.


And having done all--to stand!
Ephesians 6:13



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014














 kimklassencafe

Comments

Michelle F said…
Amen!

visiting from Spiritual Sundays
We had dogwoods in our yard when we lived in Georgia. I miss them so. These images are beautiful! Thank you for linking them with Still Saturday.
caryjo said…
I LOVED the trees and, this time of year, even though leaves are going to fall off "dead", the colorfulness ahead of the time is GLORIOUS! I actually took a photo like that up on the North Shore of Superior years ago and attached it to a piece I wrote re: how old people are colorful, even though heading to heaven soon. I'm older now... 69...and could be in heaven in a few years and still a colorful person, around and about to many connections/connectors. Thank you for making me smile, grin, rejoice.
Debbie said…
Dianne, you said this wonderfully. When I sat down to visit blogs this morning and saw the title of your post, I was so anxious to see what was behind it. I want to be like the dogwood, too.

I guess God wants me to be because he keeps giving me opportunities to practice.
Anita Johnson said…
I love how you see this tree throughout the seasons...I love how you tied it to scripture.
I too want to be like the dogwood, you have said it so beautifully.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence