Thursday, March 12, 2015

Flowers Appear On the Earth


Wishing my life away is not something I want to be guilty of and yet lately I've found myself wishing for sunny days and flowers to appear on our little plot of earth that God has blessed us with.

Normally, winter is my favorite season of the year.  Even when I worked outside the home for many years and had to drive in ice and snow at times, it was still my favorite.

When time did allow, I loved to curl up on the sofa with a good book on a gray, overcast day and read to my heart's content.  If it was sunny, I felt like I needed to be up "working and doing,"  (three sons) but somehow I could deal with those feelings better if it was what some people call a "yucky day."

But now after months of cold and rain and clouds, I am ready for some sun and flowers.

I love the spontaneity of this young lady.  She has walked out into a field of blooming flowers and made herself a wreath of blessing from the Lord's bounty.  And she was not shy about it.  She just did it and is now wearing it humbly but boldly.

Of course, there are deeper meanings to this scripture--who knows, this girl may have just come through the greatest storm of her young life or she may be in the midst of one and chooses to celebrate the good instead of what satan means for harm.

Hoping you choose to celebrate today!


The winter is past, the rain is over and gone
The flowers appear on the earth
From Song of Solomon 2:11, 12

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015