O Happy Day!



This little friend of mine is having a happy day today recalling the day that Jesus washed her sins away initially.

 I call her a friend of mine because--I used to paint at an art studio every Thursday with several friends of mine.

 One of them always painted beautiful girls/ladies.

One day I asked her if she would be willing to sell one of them and she said, "Oh, I can't--they are all friends of mine."

I thought that was so cute--if you painted a lovely lady once a week just think how soon you would be surrounded by friends if you framed them all.

I have every intention of framing some of mine but somehow just never seem to get around to it. However, they bring me such joy whenever I see just a little bit of life come from one of them--maybe a gleam in the eye, a genuine smile, a prayer from the heart--it is my goal that they speak something from God to me and to you.


A tip:  When painting teeth, use just the tiniest suggestion of paint--add some tiny, tiny dots of opaque white paint toned down with another color--in this case I used purple--as the teeth are in shadow and do not appear to be white in a picture such as this.
If I had made either the whites of the eyes of the teeth "white," they would look very unnatural and ruin the picture.

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014




Comments

Nancy said…
She certainly looks like a sweet friend. Thanks for the tip on painting teeth, now will you come and help me with the rest of the face....Perfect message.....oh too often we don't remember that we have so much to make us happy.....

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment