Monday, March 9, 2015

Scale A Wall


Wwith my God I can advance against a troop or scale a wall.

My beloved Aunt Hazel, who withstood some fierce battles here on this old earth, used to quote this verse a lot.

She lived in another state and I did not see her very often but when I did I felt as though I had been rejuvenated and could fight anyone or anything in the world with the help of my God.

This was my first attempt to paint a person of color and I am pleased with how she turned out.  When I paint the next one, it is my hope that I will make the color much stronger.

I am working on my husband's computer and noticing that the color on his monitor really makes the picture appear much more washed out.  I am hoping she does not appear that way on yours because she is a strong woman--and the color needs to reflect that--she, together with her God, can accomplish great things and has!



Tip:  Don't be afraid to take a scrubbing brush (I used a toothbrush) to your painting when something is just not quite right.   For the "lifting out of the color" to work right, you must use good quality watercolor paper and transparent watercolors.  I used plenty of water and then let the paper dry thoroughly.
I was almost through with her and I knew that her eyes just weren't what they should be--I scrubbed both of them out and started over again on them.  I love how they turned out the second time around.



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2014