Monday, July 27, 2015

How to Learn More About Jesus


'The golden rule for understanding spiritually is not intellect, but obedience. If a man wants scientific knowledge, intellectual curiosity is his guide; but if he wants insight into what Jesus Christ teaches, he can only get it by obedience."--Oswald Chambers

Today's My Utmost for His Highest devotional hit right between the eyes.  In fact, one commenter said, "Ouch!"

I tend to agree with the words of Chambers.  Because?  Well, because that is when I notice growth and union with Christ Jesus--when I am passionate about obedience to Him in all areas of my life.

Worrying?

Fretting?

Trying to control circumstances and issues?

My time?

My giving?

Is there anyone against whom I am holding a grudge or have hard feelings?

What I read?

What I watch?

Harsh words or thoughts?

The list goes on and on..................................

It is only when I inhale deeply the fragrance of obedience to Christ that I become sensitive to the most minute details of my daily walk with Him--I cannot fully obey Him in the big things of life if I have sloughed off obeying Him even in the smallest.



It is my hope and prayer that this is a good week for you--that you inhale deeply the fragrance of His love for you and in return love Him back.


Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. 
My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
John 14:23



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015

Photos in today's post are by Canva.

I would love to hear from you.  Email address can be accessed under contact information at the top left of this page.