When Being Still Was Not in the Plan



Waiting is not always easy. I am waiting to have a total knee replacement on August 11. It would be easy to get impatient--to waste this precious time that God has set before me--

Instead, I want to embrace it--to use it wisely--to grow in grace and patience.

And believe me, I realize how blessed I am.  Just a small look around at social media or the newspaper to see that there are those, myriads of those who have challenges far exceeding this small bump in the road of life that I am experiencing.

During this time of "stillness," I want to grow more like my Savior each day.



He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015












Comments

Dayle said…
One of the hardest things to do is wait, but there are rewards in stillness that can't be gained any other way.

caryjo said…
That's what I trust on...knowing Him, moment-by-moment, is all that counts forever...and to heaven. Can hardly wait! Thank you for sharing.
Dayle, so glad you dropped by and I totally agree with you--
Yes, Cary Jo, heaven is looking sweeter every day--
Mary said…
Praying for you as you want patiently for God and for your knee surgery. May God be in the waiting, in the stillness required and in the healing. Blessed you shared this at The Weekend Brew.
Thank you, Mary. It is at times like these that I find myself coveting the prayers of others. God bless you.
elizabeth said…
Beautiful photo and verse! Love and prayers for you my sweet friend!
Thank you, dear Elizabeth--boy, you are going through a lot right now--but I KNOW God has your back!!!!!!! Can hardly wait to see what all is going to transpire--

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment